· Anonymous testing means that absolutely no one has access to your test results since your name is never recorded at the test site. Confidential testing sometimes means identifying yourself in some manner to the test site, with their assurance that this information will remain private.
· Anonymous test sites are highly recommended because:
· The quality of the education and counseling that is provided is very good.
· The testing is usually free or minimal fees.
· The testing is reliable and automatically includes confirming tests.
· It protects you from risks of discrimination or adverse impact, especially in applications for insurance.
· Sometimes even taking an HIV test, regardless of the result, might cause an insurance application to be refused.